Linux System Administrator
As a Linux system administrator you will work closely with a project team that consists of internal, external members and our clients.
You will play an important role in all phases of a project. You will be reviewing specifications, put together quality and test plans and perform risk analyses, set logical and physical test designs and guide programmers at the implementation of their software and users during acceptance testing.
You are responsible for:
- Maintain, customize, improve internal and external Linux systems and networks.
- Implementation and maintenance of our customer solutions based on Linux systems
- Testing, implementation of new products/ software on aforementioned Linux environments
- Setting up, implementation and supervision of implementation (new) and migration (old) of systems internal and external
Furthermore, you have to be actively engaged with keeping your technical knowledge and skills intact, so that you are able to stay familiar with the latest techniques and developments in your field.
Meet our requirements:
- You have a Bachelor (ICT), a University degree in computer science or equivalent level of thinking.
- You have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of Linux.
- You have knowledge and experience with diverse test methodologies
- You are focused on process improvements and analytically strong
- You are solution and service – oriented, with an eye for details and procedures
- You are fluent in both the Dutch and English language.
- You are flexible, proactive, result-oriented and you are able to set your priorities straight
- You work independently, are committed and have strong communication and social skills.
- You are living in a radius of 40 km around Hoofddorp.
- Linux system management, email, networking, DNS, DHCP.
- Scripting (bash) is an important tool, but you’re not narrow minded
- You have experience with RHEL/CentOS, Xen, Nagios, High Availability (keepalived)
- Knowledge of network protocols such as VRRP, LLDP
- You are able to use tools such as strace, vmstat, tcpdump
Experience with ipv6, ansible, asterisk is a plus, as is working experience with an internet provider.
An online test is part of the procedure.
What we offer
The IP Company is a company where you have plenty of opportunity to develop your professional knowledge. It’s a place where one deals with each other informally and where co-workers are used to jump in when needed. At the IP Company you work together with a flexible team of dedicated workers, a place where your creativity and initiative can grow. During your daily routine you work with the latest techniques in the field of ICT and technology. You can count on good working conditions and a competitive salary.